Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any general handgun forums that you\'d suggest?

As some of you may know, I just joined the Colt owner family with the purchase of an '82 Python and I just joined this forum as well. I was just wondering if there were any other hand gun forums you guys frequent. If so, could you guys let me in on them? I've done google searches and nothing really good (like this forum) has come up. Thanks guys. Love this place and have learned a ton since joining here.

The Catpain.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Re: Any general handgun forums that you\'d suggest?

There are actually quite a few.....however you'd have to be more specific about what TYPE of forum you are looking for.

Like this one, there are sites that focus on a particular brand; ie. the Glock Forum or the S&W Forum.

There are sites devoted to hunting or sport; ie CMP Forum or several IPSC or IDPA Forums as well as several types and verieties of Deer, Varmit, and Preditor sites.

There are forums devoted to a style of weapon such as the; 1911 Forum and the AR15 Forum.

Then there are the tactical sites......like the Sniper Forum and so on.

There are more than 1 man could visit and quite frankly becasue firearms reach so far, for so many years, and for so many different applications.

Let us know what TYPE of site your looking for and maybe we can help direct you....as for now, this is actually my favorite.

Lee

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

The ones that I periodically visit are: The High Road (or THR), Rimfire Central, The Firing Line, Sixgunner.com, and the Smith & Wesson Forum. There are forums for just about everything these days.

·
Registered
72 Posts

A good general forum for commercial handguns is Jon Michael Littman's Modern Handgun Forum at gunboards.com.
Also at gunboards is Jan Still's Luger Forum, which has forums for all sorts of military sidearms from the two world wars (much more than just Lugers).
JT

·
Registered
806 Posts

Colts, Rugers and S&W. Is there anything else? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

(and I used to work for Dan Wesson and High Standard. Yes, I still have them too.) /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts