Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of folks on here have "Insider" info from Colt. Any guesses as to when these new Pythons might be available again? This waiting game is driving me nuts.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
No inside info, but they do seem to be entering the channel in batches. TSS warehouse briefly had some 6" models in stock last week (though at a significantly higher price than their Jan 1 batch, I might add), and it also seems various smaller LGS's continue to get them in. It's unclear whether these are reworked models from the initial production run that are finally being released or actual new production. FWIW, the serials I have spotted in the wild are all <4000.

Note that gun.deals and wiki.arms only show inventory for one particular distributor, and they seem to be the only one that shows real time inventory for their retailers...

·
Registered
93 Posts
A friend of mine picked up 4.25" Python off of GunBroker last week. His is 355 numbers higher than mine, which I purchased Feb. 4th.
With that number difference, I suspect that his was purchased about the same time that I received mine, and then flipped shortly thereafter.
His was also not fired outside of the factory test shoot.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m not sure. I recently flipped my 2020 Python on Gunbroker and made about 700 dollars in profit off it. People are treating these like gold.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I work at a LGS and I asked my Colt Dealer rep when a snub nose Python would come out. Really want that sub nose. He said Colt likes to wait for events like shot show to bring out new stuff. But since this virus stuff is happening, he cant say.
Stupid Virus.:bang_wall:

·
Administrator
7,070 Posts
4.25" guns are shipping as recently as last week .

Production is not anywhere near enough to meet demand though . Gonna be a while before that day comes .

·
Registered
9,768 Posts
Regardless of external events such as politics or this virus thing affecting production and sales, a manufacturer will always have problems being accurate with sales projections. You want to meet demand...overproducing is non-productive (witness Colt's excess inventory of AR-15/M4 rifles)...underproducing means a backlog of orders which might get cancelled if you can't meet the demand and customers go elsewhere. Ideally, you want raw materials coming in the back door for today's production as yesterday's production is being shipped out the front door. Increasing production can result in lessened quality control if not strictly enforced.

It's a tough tightrope they have to walk...screw up and things can go south in a hurry. History is full of companies that failed because of such things.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
When production mirrors the demand watch for some very cool TALO editions that will be forthcoming.

·
Registered
632 Posts
“Production is not anywhere near enough to meet demand though . Gonna be a while before that day comes .”

I’m not sure many here understand where Colt fits into the grand scheme of things in terms of current revolver production numbers. Let’s be clear...they’re not anywhere near the top! The leading manufacturers quite literally produce 20x the amount of premium revolvers that Colt does...and most of the offerings from these companies are not collecting dust in the display cabinets. The point is...people are still buying the heck out of high-quality revolvers and Colt is a Loooooong way off from being able to crank out enough product to satiate this demand while maintaining proper QC. I would categorize Colt’s current niche in the larger firearms industry as “boutique”. So don’t expect to see new Pythons stacking up in the back room of your LGS anytime soon.

·
Registered
250 Posts
So checked out Tombstone tactical and of course no Pythons yet but when one does a search for Python you can see that they have the 6” and 4.25” but they also have blemish Pythons about 150 less then a non-blemish Python. Any guesses on what a blemish Python may be? I plan on calling them today but just figured I’d ask here. Prices are pretty decent as well. NOW if they would just get some in....really chomping at the bit as my money is burning a hole in my pocket.

Cheers

Travis

·
Registered
136 Posts
So checked out Tombstone tactical and of course no Pythons yet but when one does a search for Python you can see that they have the 6” and 4.25” but they also have blemish Pythons about 150 less then a non-blemish Python. Any guesses on what a blemish Python may be? I plan on calling them today but just figured I’d ask here.
It may be guns with marred crowns. They're knocking off 150 bones for your "return to Colt" troubles.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts