Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its getting cooler here in TX and is the perfect hawg weather.....

I hear about guys busting out their Anacondas to do some hunting, but does anyone have some kill photos of them, their weapon, and their meat?

This will be the first time I go hawg'in with the Conda.....so I'll throw in just the picture of the gun (till I up date)!

Lee

·
Registered
909 Posts
Lee,

I didn't take a picture of it, but would a porcupine and a Python qualify? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That was the last Colt quarry /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

B.W.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shooting a porcupine with a Python could make you a prick....

OR

shooting a porcupine with a Python could land you in a sticking situation......

OR

If you then sent it to a taxidurmy, you'd have a pin-cushion.

Yeah, I guess that would count! I dunno if thats considered a skilled hunt considering I don't think you have to lead them much..... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a picture of last year's hog......about 330 - 350lbs with 6" cutters; killed in Mason,TX (north of San Antonio about 1.5hrs)

Lee

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Darn those things are ugly! I hunt, but I use either a Model 57 Smith or a Ruger 480 SRH. Have not scored on anything worthy of a picture as of yet as I am new to handgun hunting. That will change.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UGLY?

Thats a killing machine; and lemme tell ya, sometimes ya gotta wonder who is hunting who......

He was the alpha of his pack and was grinding those cutters everytime we got close....to get a shot took me 4 hours!

Two guys threw rocks below as a couple of us took the high ground (over bound). The sound of the rocks made the 15 or so hogs corral closer to the fence-line.....

We watched and watched as he centered himself in the group and always next to his favorite females which obstructed my shot.

When another male got too close he lunged at him scareing off his sows.......2 seconds later a squeezed off my shot from 100 meters away.

He took about 10 steps and slid to a sudden stop......I shot him with a 30/06 Winchester Silver Tip which took out his lung and his heart.

From there, it took ALL of us to move him down the hill about .5 mile to load him in the truck......it was a pure work!

·
Registered
764 Posts
In ohio, the min caliber is .357 with a min barrel length of 6 in. Needless to say I have used a few different colts that fit this description. My most unique is a Colt Whitetailer II. Haven't had the chance to take a deer with it, I usually get with a bow before our gun season.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW WOW WOW!

I gotta tell ya, thats hot! I love the way that looks....what is that, a King Cobra packaged under the Whitetailer name? Did it come with the scope as part of the package?

Way cool brother!

Lee

·
Registered
764 Posts
Yup I believe that is a king cobra frame, and yes the scope came with it. Also came with a nice zippered carrying case as well. A nice piece that I don't see too much of at gun shows.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hows the 357 on deer sized game ??? Bowhunter I just picked up Colt Huntsman 50lb recurve!It is super nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts