Colt Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have an average Colt artillery US .45, I'm sure the action is not as smooth as it should be and I would like to send it to one of these experts to make it right. I will never shoot it, but I would still like the action [only] to be as correct as possible. I do have a Kopec letter on it and was wondering if anything was fixed or replaced to make the action right, how would this effect the Kopec letter and value of the gun now that it would not be the same as the gun when inspected by Mr. Kopec ? would it be worth it to have it fixed ? or just leave it alone and leave it like the Kopec letter say's it is ? I bought the Colt for $3000 a few years ago. any comments ? Thanks.
Jim explained it to me very well. In a nutshell, and im paraphrasing, an action job will not diminish collectible value. As long as it is done right by an expert, what it will do is not allow you to use the word 'factory' to describe the gun if you decide to sell it. Gentlemen like Jim will return all parts replaced to you if you choose to, at some point, sell it as a 'factory' gun.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts