Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't have one and have only seen the flattop model in pictures but I have held a pre war model and was very impressed with its excellent fit and finish.

A few weeks ago there was a beautiful unfired flattop model in .44 Special on Guns America. It had the hand cut checkered grips and was done totally in Armory blue. The seller was asking $1250, it sold for $2250 new. It didn't last long. I was very tempted but if I'm going to put out that kind of money it's going to be for a real Colt SAA.

Randy

·
Registered
153 Posts
Randy,
I don't think your going to find a real Pre War FlatTop for "that" ( $ 2250. ) kind of money in any condition. If the gun has any eye appeal at all, not neglected or abused,
$ 5000. + would not be out of line. Was the Pre War one you held for sale ?, I'm in the marked for one. IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Randy:
I don't have one and have only seen the flattop model in pictures but I have held a pre war model and was very impressed with its excellent fit and finish.

A few weeks ago there was a beautiful unfired flattop model in .44 Special on Guns America. It had the hand cut checkered grips and was done totally in Armory blue. The seller was asking $1250, it sold for $2250 new. It didn't last long. I was very tempted but if I'm going to put out that kind of money it's going to be for a real Colt SAA.

Randy
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ira,
This was a USFA (United States Firearms) Colt clone flattop of recent manufacture. If it was the real thing I would have broken my arm reaching for my wallet! LOL

Randy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts