Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have that same model. I have not shot it. I have the black ion bond custom shop model too. That I've shot. It shoots great. I've put 3000 rounds through my ion bond standard model. It's a great gun accurate, and reliable to boot. It's my favorite gun. It is an early ion bond m45a1. If you shoot yours you will think it's a good gun too. Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Of my newer pistols, it is a toss up between the M45A1 and my Delta Elite, love shooting them both.
Congrats on picking one up, I know that they are a little pricey but I think they are well worth it!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I did not like the weight and bulky size or finish,sold it bought a 70 series ,much closer to John Brownings design and balance. I like a Colt to look like a Goverment model not a Springfield. Just call me old school and proud of it.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Of my newer pistols, it is a toss up between the M45A1 and my Delta Elite, love shooting them both.
Congrats on picking one up, I know that they are a little pricey but I think they are well worth it!
Seems like the custom shop fees add about $500 to $700 to the cost over the standard production “floor model” M45A1. The CCS rollmark underneath the left side grip panel in the event there is ever a question of floor model versus custom shop.
I have not handled or fired the Delta Elite. Maybe I should have another New Years resolution next year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts