Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I do too! Here is one of my favorite guns I just pulled out of the safe for the first time in a long while. It is a 1941 production Official Police in .22 LR. It must have been one of the last civilian guns made by Colt before the US entered the war and everything changed. I wiped it down, sprayed a little oil on it, and thought it might be fun to take a pic to share with you guys. The '41 dated Colt price list puts the cost at $33.25. About the .22 it says "Also chambered for .22 Long Rifle cartridges to allow police officers economical target practice with a small caliber model that is otherwise identical with their regular service arm." A very Merry Christmas to all members of our Forum. Charlie Flick

·
Registered
99 Posts
I sure like mine, which I reckon was 1935. Shoots like a dream:

And the one in the background of this picture is very early (3-digit serial number, no embedded cylinder head). It is also a joy to shoot: (The foreground one is post-war, and unshot, at least until I find out if that's the original finish.)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I like mine! My 6" OP .22 lr looks to be in the same condition as yours ordnanceguy. Mine serial number dates to 1937. I think the checkered trigger face adds a nice touch of class.

------------------
C&L

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lovely pix.

I picked up a later edition 4 inch PP in 22 a few months ago and was equally ecstatic. Weapon was right minty except it was missing the original grips. It wears a set of Jordan walnuts for a Python which are a little large for the trim little piece but it'll have to do 'til I can find some original grips. Previously, I'd seen PP's in 22 only in catalog specs but had never seen one outside a museum collection. I can't resist a quality 22...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I like 'em too! I have 2 pre-war OMT's, one pre-war OP, and a Camp Perry, all in .22lr. (I have .32 and .38 OMT's as well). My favorite is the Camp Perry, which I do shoot now and then, followed by the OP, which someone long ago gave a good trigger job. Let it be said one more time: they don't make them like that anymore!

Bill A

[This message has been edited by Bill A (edited 12-08-2003).]

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to see some .22 fans here. Those are some mighty nice revolvers you fellows mentioned. I have had to make several additions to my Christmas list for Santa. And Mike, I hope that you will let us know if the factory letter confirms the OM as factory nickel. A very beautiful gun that is. Charlie

·
Registered
275 Posts
First year production for the .22 caliber (1930). Has unrecessed chambers. I think it was two years before they made that change in design.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Michael, mine is a four-digit serial so yours must also be 1930 and a little earlier than mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts