Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
I agree. In the past year and a half or so, I bought a few DS stocks/grips anywhere from 25$ to $45 (although theywerent that pristine). Still even at todays prices i would think $80 would be tops. But then again it wouldnt surprise me to see someone buy them at that price the way prices for anything Colt are going.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I paid over a $100 for Diamondback Service grips for the snub-nose, but didn't have much choice. Really needed them, were pretty nice, and have not seen many for sale at any price.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Well of course they're his and he can ask what he wants for them but I notice the auction ended no sale and the item is now relisted. I have a feeling this may occur a good number of times at that price. I suppose he's hoping that sooner or later...jand the way Colt items go maybe he'll ultimately be right.

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I paid over a $100 for Diamondback Service grips for the snub-nose, but didn't have much choice. Really needed them, were pretty nice, and have not seen many for sale at any price.
I understand and I sympathise with the high price you had to pay for the D back grips. But, this guy is selling Detective Special grips that are not nearly as scarce as Diamondbacks or D back grips are. It doesn't matter that they don't make either revolver anymore. DS wood grips are never hard to find unless we're talking about pre war ones.
He should be ashamed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts