Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
My wife and I got to Concord on Tuesday evening. We met up with lots of friends yesterday and the show will start today! Great fun. Registration starts at 10 AM and I am just about to head for the show hall. See you there!

- - - Buckspen

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Hey everyone, look for the Buntline Scout, 9 1/2 inches, 22 LR, with original walnut wooden grips for me & matching box. Have fun & enjoy the show.

·
Registered
Colt 1911 Gold Cups The best ever made
721 Posts
I can't make it this year, but I would like to thank Rock Island for their support of this site.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am going to go with my buddy Saturday. If you see a bigger dude with a Miami Dolphins shirt on- that will be me!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Was there today from 3 to 6:30, felt like 5 minutes. Picked up Clawson .45 service pistil book for 150, one dealer had for 175, then after i paid my 150 I saw another dealer have it for 125..lol, just my luck:)I am here for 1911's and Woodsmans, saw some decent ones and great ones on display. I am not a revolver guy buy revolvers are olentiful and stunning. I can see the appeal. Rock Islands display has incredible guns including stunning 1911's.Will be back to tomorrow am and may have lead on higher condition 1911a1 from dealers private collection. I hope to pick up new dispay case, another book and if price is right even a 1911.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I will be there later today for the rest of the weekend.

Reactions: tjmolil

·
Registered
289 Posts
I thought that book was selling for several hundred dollars. It there a new edition?Bob Rayburncolt22.com
This is his condensed book, it is hardcovered and in original plastic wrap. On ebay or amazon they go for 200 or more, sometimes less. Clawson big 1911 book is considered the holy grail, 493 pages. I have not seen this book here but typically if they are avail. on line they are in 700+ range.Fewer Woodsmans than I thought but still good selection, some high conditioned but I did not see any with original nox and inserts. More series 3 than anything.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
This is his condensed book, it is hardcovered and in original plastic wrap. On ebay or amazon they go for 200 or more, sometimes less. Clawson big 1911 book is considered the holy grail, 493 pages. I have not seen this book here but typically if they are avail. on line they are in 700+ range.Fewer Woodsmans than I thought but still good selection, some high conditioned but I did not see any with original nox and inserts. More series 3 than anything.

Thanks for clarifying that, and thanks for the Woodsman report.

For many years I never missed a CCA show, but now my wife's poor health prevents me from traveling.

Bob Rayburn
colt22.comc

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Stop by and see my display of Colt branded holsters for the Froniter Scout and Buntline Scout revolvers. It's toward the back on the right wall as you walk in the front entrance. My sale table is right across the aisle. Stop by and say hello.

- - - Buckspen

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have several Colts for sale... (Only baby daughters college could get me to sell Colts!)I was wondering if the 4 hr drive over to the colt convention would be a good way to sell them?Or do many buy and sell there? Or more a social event?

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
We just returned from the show....Wow! Whether you're there to buy, look or learn, it's just fantastic. The displays are fabulous. Scott Woller, the show host, from Beltway Gun & Pawn, did a great job and his display of Colt military weapons was awesome. For fellow semi-auto lovers, Sam Lisker is there. If you've been on the fence, wake up early and hit the road...You won't regret it!

Reactions: tjmolil
1 - 20 of 35 Posts