Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
most of the talk on this forum is about colt DA`s, anyone collect the .22 frontier scout or .45 SA commemoratives? what do you have? so far I have the scout 1964 Nevada statehood and 1970 missouri.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Good topic,Kennedy. I can recall talking to a collector-dealer about a decade ago,when the .22 Scout based commems. were NOT increasing in price-BUT the regular Scouts,New Frontiers,and Peacemaker .22s were really taking off.

A lot of the .22 single actions were issued in commem. form,and right now they are BELOW the non commem. 22s in value,from what I have seen.(I am old enough to remember, 10-15 years ago,when it was "rare" to pay over $200 for a Colt .22 SAA of any type,that was NOT a boxed Commem.

For the larger SAAs,some of the more common commemoratives were,or are selling cheaper than the regular 2nd and 3rd generation guns. In fact I knew a couple if guys in CASS,who got good buys on the NRA commems. and used them!!!

A former boss collected the 1911 commemoratives,when they first came out,in the 70's I think. Don't know if their value helped his retirement fund in Florida,

Somewhere,I have a book on Colt SAA commems, by Cherry's,who was a big dealer in them. Let me know if you are interested in it,and I will try and dig it out!

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cherrys is still around they list $450 for the common scout commemoratives(100% new unfired in box) and the .45 SAA $1450 in simular condition. Don`t know how this compares to a non commemerative like new in box?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had a NIB Indiana Sesquicentennial .22 Scout that I sold a couple of years ago. I got $300 (just about exactly what I paid for it about 12 years ago) for it and felt like I was lucky to get that out of it. Beautiful little gun but there just didn't seem to be any interest in it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
since I live in Indiana I have been looking for one, found one in new mexico, but by the time I pay for shipping and transfer, it will cost me to much. I am really interested in finding a morgans raiders commemorative, since they came thru this part of Indiana.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Kennedy,

I bought my Indiana Sesquicentennial Scout on a trip home several years ago in a fit of homesickness (I, along with the past several generations of my family, was born and raised on a farm in the Great Hoosier State). I've lived in Georgia for close to 15 years and I love the South (culturally much like the lower Midwest but with better weather and like Indiana liberals are endangered species here, thank God) but the Hoosierland will ALWAYS be home. Good luck finding one at a great price.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts