Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
You would be better off selling the gun and getting a compact 1911 type pistol that comes with sights.

It's a shame you bought this design if you hate the sight trench!

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
The 'trench sights' are quick reaction sights - just like those found on the old 'ASP' built by Paris Theodore and others.

They're for a true carry piece, and they're not for everyone.

If you don't like them - rather than attempting a modification, sell or trade it for something more conventional.

·
Registered
624 Posts
An idea (not mine) is to use fluorescent tubes in the forward trench. I fitted small sections of HI VIZ MPB ShotgunTube light pipes as an experiment and they worked fine if light was available. The product comes with several spare "light pipes" to experiment with. However I agree that it is best to get the Defender with sights from the beginning if possible.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Elliotf for the link, I may try that tomorrow. I didn't buy this gun, I had a friend who really liked my Smith and Wesson E-series Govt. sized 1911, and he proposed a trade for this gun. I was already looking for a 3" 1911 for concealed carry after shooting a friends Defender. I was actually going to get a Kimber Ultra Carry II when I was presented with this trade. Since I had just bought a Ruger SR1911, I made the trade. I really like the size, and weight of this gun, and it's a COLT! My first. But I really do prefer a 45, and sights.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw pictures of a gun someone had colt install sights on, it looked good. I called Colt today to see about price, but they had closed for the day.

Iowamustang, probably will be on here for sale soon. It is in like new condition.

·
Registered
168 Posts
No. The New Agent is a defensive CCW. The trench site makes this piece very functional for that purpose. It took some range time to really appreciate the trench sight configuration. I love it! I own two NA's >> 9mm & .45 ACP. Give it some time and take it to the range. You may like it. If not, sell it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.