Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's on an early '20s Army Special .38. I've been collecting agency marked revolvers for a long time and it's a mystery to me.

Best,
Charles

Attachments

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well...... it has to be an agency of fairly substantial size. Hence the number 521.

The Consolidated Railroad typically marked their guns "C.R.P.D." ( I have one of their S&W .38s). Yes. Most agencies add the P.D. or S.D. designation to the markings. There are always exceptions. For example East Providence RI PD used "E.P.P." and West Orange NJ was "W.O.P." etc. etc.

I am going to hazard a guess and toss out "Cedar Rapids No. 521" as a possibility. The auction is still live and I guess I'll do more research when it is over ( if I win. ;) ). It could be a company or any other city beginning with those initials. We'll see.......

The waiting is the fun part..... ;)

Best,
Charles

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Charles. I believe the CR stands for: "Cam's Revolver" Please return it as soon as possible. I was wondering where that gun was!
Mystery solved!!! I knew I could count on you Cam! See, this is what happens when you have so many guns you can't remember where all of them are.....!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
CR Norfolk Southern Railway Company (Conrail)
Can't be either of these. It's a 1920s Army Special. Norfolk Southern began operations as NS in 1982; Conrail was founded in 1974.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts