Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is one of the finest shooting 1911's i have...it is super smooth. i know its not a colt but-wow....i know nothing about it..any info please... IMAG5705.jpg IMAG5708.jpg IMAG5706.jpg IMAG5709.jpg IMAG5710.jpg

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

Where did you get the pistol from? Did you buy it at a LGS? . From a private owner? Did the gun come with any paperwork, box, etc....? The pic above I copied from another forum(old post) . Owner of this pistol states that he bought this gun back in the early 80s in Ca. Some of the responses to his inquiry was that this gun might have been have been made by a number of small gun makers using spare parts. They mentioned companies like Vega, AMT, ARMEX, and a few others. Good looking pistol. Hope this helps a little. Peace.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nothing came with it. It says "prototype" on it..it shoots super nice, like my national match.. I got it from a retired policeman out this way. He told me he got it in a trade in 94. He told me it was his favorite pistol too. these parts do not look like "left over parts" they look custom made-maybe becuase it is a prototype? everything is smooth and fitted with extreme percision....hope fully i can get info on her, i searched the net and found only a handfull of comments-all good by the way...thanks...has wichita sights too..

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
No problem. It is a very sharp looking 1911 platform .45. I have never heard of it before, but if it shoots great and looks good that is all the counts. I would not hesitate to buy one if I had the chance and the price was right. Peace.

Blade

1 - 4 of 4 Posts