Colt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found one of these today and was very impressed with the trigger. After doing some research I see Para discontinued that model. Does anyone have experience with this model and can you give me your opinion?

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
563 Posts
I really want a Para warthog, i think they are sweet! I have long fingers so a double stack .45 feels good.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
The Para Ordinance LDA has a smooth trigger pull and is a great shooting gun.Don't have a clue why they discontinued the model.That is in your favor if they did because I am sure you could find a distributor who bought out the discounted stock on GB.That is how I got my NIB CS9 when it was discintinued.....Mike.

·
Premium Member
9,519 Posts
The trigger is odd-feeling to me. It is not bad, just odd-feeling. I bought a full-size LDA when they came out, since I was attracted to the 14-round magazine capacity in a .45ACP, and wanted a .45ACP in a double-action format. Now that Para has discontinued the LDA and the double-stack magazine, Para has nothing to attract me to its line. Makes no sense to me, but Para did it so that will eventually make the double-stack guns collector's items. The LDA versions will be a subset collectible. As for me. the FNH FNP is a more desirable design anyway, so it is my high-capacity .45ACP of choice.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I have several ParaOrds; including a Warthog, P14-45 LDA, and a C6.45 LDA. The LDA trigger, touted as Light Double Action, is still a single action trigger. It is a good trigger system but only serves one function, to release a cocked hammer.

The C6.45LDA and the Warthog (while thicker due to the double stack magazine) are almost identical in size to the New Agent. I like shooting the LDAs.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. Still on the fence about this one. There are lots of bad experiences with the Para's floating around the net. But as we all know, when someone has a bad experience they spread it around. When the experience is good, they do not.

·
Premium Member
3,036 Posts
I have never had a problem with the older Para's that were made in Canada. When they moved to NC they were having some quality issues.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I have a ParaTac 4 LDA that is a shooting fool.It has an unreal trigger pull that doesn't change weight from start to finish.It seems to be about the same size as the Colt Commander with double stack.I have had zero problems with mine but it is an early production gun that is now out of production.If I find another one that is priced reasonably I'll most likely buy it.D*

·
Registered
91 Posts
I currently have two LDA models, double stack compact "carry 12" and single stack "para companion" I think they are great. The triggers are awesome once you put in a little time with them. I feel most comfortable carrying the LDA locked and cocked with the hammer down. Don't know of any other 1911 style you can carry like that.

Good Luck, Art

1 - 9 of 9 Posts