Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Fitz Detective Special I am picking up next week and the original box is in pieces. I would like to have it restored.

·
Registered
10,001 Posts
I've done a few over the years - but they take an inordinate amount of time and patience.

Find someone connected to a museum, and they may take on the project.

Bring lots of money.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two votes for Randy's Toy Shop. I will check them out. I also may need a donor box lid as it appears that part of it is missing.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Randy's charges somewhere around $75 per hour from what I recall, and he may need up to eight hours to to do the work. I sent him photos of a Shooting Master box that was in pieces. I decided not to spend the money, but given the rarity of your gun, you may want to pursue it. Does the box somehow reflect the gun is a Fitz, or at least have the serial number written on it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Box Restoration

Valley Gun 330-878-2337 ask for Russ......I'm having an Ace box reworked.

Randy's charges somewhere around $75 per hour from what I recall, and he may need up to eight hours to to do the work. I sent him photos of a Shooting Master box that was in pieces. I decided not to spend the money, but given the rarity of your gun, you may want to pursue it. Does the box somehow reflect the gun is a Fitz, or at least have the serial number written on it?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes the gun is lettered as a Fitz and the box has the matching serial number.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts