Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be buying a very well cared for 10mm Delta Elite Gold Cup with box and was wondering what the max I should pay for it? It looks like only 50 rounds through the pipe and no scratches at all.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
which version, the enhanced or the earlier one with gov hammer? What type of box, plastic or styrofoam? Does it have the sleeve, both mags and the barrel wrench?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chaosrob. - it has written on the left side "DELTA GOLD CUP" and under that Colt Auto with the triangle between those two words.The right side has in smaller letters "Delta Gold Cup".it has the commander style hammer,not checkered but sippled wrap around grips with Delta emblem,angled serrations and wide Gold Cup trigger.The box is the foam and brown paper type. serial number is ADG01xxx and the box says its model number is 05010 with the words "Delta Gold Cup" on the label. No owners manual but other paperwork.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chaosrob. - I am sure the serial number as listed on the gun and box says "ADG01xxx" and it does not end in an E. It has your type of grips but not your style hammer as it has the commander style hammer. This one comes I the older foam and dark brown paper box.I sure would like to know if it is worth the asking price of $2000.What model number is your 10mm Delta Gold Cup?Do you think I would have to worry about a frame cracking with that serial number as it is earlier than yours according to the blue plastic box yours came in.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
The delta gold cup, that I am aware of anyway, only came with a government or this style hammer. It sounds like it is an altered pistol, but I am not an expert like a lot of people on this forum are. I would not pay 2k for any altered delta gold cup, I wouldn't even pay 2k for an unaltered one. If it only has 50 rounds through it I dout seriously that you have to be concerned about frame cracking as I have thousands of rounds of norma, hot handloads and underwood through mine. I do regularly replace the springs though. Mine is definitely one of the later prodution ones I believe I bought it new in 94.

I wish I could help you more but I am just not well enough versed to give what I believe would be the right response. It sounds altered to me and for that price I would pass, but someone with more knowledge may know about a special run with that type hammer. Sorry

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
Complete Delta Gold Cup packages are selling in the $2,000 range, and rising.

Apologizing for some thread drift, but did the early (first year or two - paper box) Delta Gold Cups come with only one magazine, or two?

(Apologies to anyone offended by my "delivery.")

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Judge, I need to start buying them then because I find them listed constantly for 15-1700 bucks. I cannot answer your question with number of mags on the early models, mine, a later model came with two.Can you comment on the question of the hammer and serial prefix?Thanks

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can state that the early Gold Cup in bright stainless came with the standard government hammer and several years later they came with a modified and slightly elongated commander style hammer. I do not know if they came with 1 or 2 magazine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have an early Standard Delta Elite serial # DE05XXX and it is in the brown box and came with only one magazine. Model 02010, Blue finish and commander style hammer. I'm not too familiar with the Gold Cup models.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The one earlier Delta Gold Cup in blue finish that I have seen had a spur hammer, downsloping ? wide grip safety, picture paper sleve box, DG***** serial and was priced over 2K. I think the blue version is less common though.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
modified and slightly elongated commander style hammer.
I have only seen two types of hammers on a delta gold cup. The type shown on mine above and the government. Are you referring to the type mine has, or a different one? If different can you please post a picture of one with the other type of hammer?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have only seen your style hammer on a Delta Elite 10mm but I know the .45 Gold Cups had 2 different styles. Sorry about my confusing comment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts