Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hello Virginian! You look to be rather new around here, so welcome aboard.

I can't speak for the others out here, but I'm sick and tired of politics. Mainly because the yellow muck raking press and media have slanted everything so heavily toward the left it just makes me angry. Their distortion of the facts to sensationalize stories and support their hidden agendas, fools only the weak minded. They start their liberal brain washing techniques beginning in grade school. And it doesn't end there. We end up where we have a large segment of the population who are uninformed who can only repeat sound bytes that have been programmed in their heads from the media and the self serving radical left. Everywhere I look they want to take my right away from me. My gun rights, my right to drive big engine muscle cars, my rights to ride off road vehicles, my right to ride personal water craft, etc, etc, etc.

Talking guns is much easier. Where pretty much everyone has an opinion and no one's opinion is wrong or any better than anyone else's. Yea, I'll talk gun with you, but please don't get me going on politics!

·
Registered
794 Posts
OK, since it is so quiet around here, go ahead and talk politics! I'll behave myself!.

rcwambold, help me out around here, it is getting way too quiet. Did someone lock the door to the lounge or what?

·
Registered
570 Posts
JCM: Yes, it has. However, the forums you mentioned on this site are actually pretty healthy in my opinion, particularly the revolver forum. I think that is the best site on the web for Colt double action revolver info. (There are SAA sites that I'm sure have a lot more going on, but the SAA guys are a sub-cult unto themselves.) The rifle forum here has no action because there are other well established forums on the Colt AR-15 models (the CSP Jouster site for example). There are also several good and popular sites on the M1911/Govt. Models elsewhere tha are tough competition for this site.

There has been a noticeable increase in the registered members here (900+ total I think), but that is still peanuts compared to the S+W Forum which has something like 5000+ registered members. I am really more of a Smith guy myself, but I like the Colts too and can't believe that there are that many more Smith nuts out there than Colt guys.

Anyway, it is what you make of it in a sense. I like this place, and try to encourage others to participate as well. It makes for a better Forum and a wider dissemination of information, which is really what this is all about anyway!

Regards,
Charlie Flick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts