Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at purchasing the Colt WWI commemorative. Only 899 never fired. I want to buy it to shoot. Comments?

FC

·
Registered
552 Posts
It was built to be shot. Please use it if you are not collecting them and enjoy it.

I once bought an old Colt commemorative that someone shot. It was beat up enough that I had it refinished. Since then, I never had shot it. It is sad that it is no longer used.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Commemorative guns are usually poor investments and value will probably increase less than it's plain jane counterpart. I suppose because fewer people are interested in collecting the commemorative guns. For those that do collect them, firing one is considered the kiss of death for resale value. It boils down to your own preference as to how badly you want to pay the extra for a fancy shooter.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one I was speaking on was a WWI Commemorative. Asking price was 899. Inexpensive compared to unmarked pistols of the same series. Thought it might be a good shooter for the price. Especially since the comm's don't really appreciate.

Thanks
FC

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Commemoratives don't speak to me at all. I generally don't care for the "decorative effect". I won't own a firearm that I'm not willing to shoot. If I found a commemorative variation of a solid dependable model that appeared in the regular line, and the commemorative was less, I'd buy it and shoot it. Probably would attempt to "de-comemmorate" it's appearance as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Years ago a friend pointed out to me that you could pick up many of the commeratives for less than the regular guns. The values on most are fairly stagnant and I would shoot one if I was looking for a shooter. Go for it and shoot it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts