Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
I like this seller and his honesty. This is a very early "Stainless Steel" finish Python with what appears to be an early "T" prefix serial number. The seller indicates that there is no label, however, I'll bet there is, and it may appear as mine does from the same year. We find certain "K" and "T" prefix serial numbered Pythons with factory labels like this. No logic about when one would be shipped like this. Ask the seller and let us know what you learn.

I agree that the Python appears to be in excellent condition. Correct box and paperwork to boot.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
If it is a T79***, it isn't from 1983 and should have the maroon box and rubber grips is correct. If it is from 1983 then it should have wood grips not rubber the T19*** number gun it would make it from 1983.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
In my opinion it looks to be possibly refinished. The rampant is faded, the 357 ctg looks faded, and the bottom half of the font in the one picture of the address line looks faded. JMHO.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'm sure the a Senior Member from Western PA meant the finish was altered in a way which removed some material from the surface. I spent a couple of hours today comparing rampants and rolling marks on over 30 Pythons and found the same inconsistencies on STS Pythons with some of them owned my members on this forum. If anyone believes the revolver is not in its original condition I would certainly like to hear more. It's a good discussion in any case.......I will probably own it in a couple of hours.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.