Colt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
It can depend on the era of 2nd Gen production. Early / black box guns are generally in more demand in my experience (and command higher prices).

We need more information (S/N, pics if you have them, what are you trading).

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
She's been refinished sir.....the frame would have been casehardened originally and take a good look at the serial number on the frame. Maybe it's been freshened up during the refinish process. It's a shooter now.

·
Registered
316 Posts
To me it's a $750 to $950 Tops. Mainly because I can buy a NICE original 2nd gen for $1200--$1,400.

Ronin
If I could find 2nds here in that price range I would have several more guns and a lot less money. Not saying its not true...just not around here.

I would price a gun like that closer to a 3rd gen gun, which in my area is probably in the $1200 range. Yes its a shooter but that's all I buy.

Dan

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
I would be afraid of that gun. I don't like the looks of the caliber designation on the left side of the barrel. It does not look like a .45 Colt caliber roll. I also don't like the burned spot in the middle of the barrel. I would look for a "stretched" barrel very closely on this gun. Reblue polish is not well done either. Just my opinion. Regards.

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
I also don't care for the looks of that serial number on the frame. Click to enlarge.

Revolver

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.