Colt Forum banner

approximate price of new python?

850 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  asa 
#1 ·
Just wondering about what a new Python might set me back.
I was just at the Colt website and saw the 4" Stainless python (elite?)
Thanks for any info,
Regards,
Rich

#2 ·
I have heard that Colt isn't producing any right now and most distributors are out of them. The used market is the best chance (even though some NIB models are still out there). Try the various online auction sites for the prices as they are all over the spectrum.

#4 ·
well hopefully colt is working hard on some government contract that will help them back to health, i had to sell my S&W 586 4" to aquire a somewhat more desireable (3" M-66)S&W, but now i am thinking i want to get another 4" service .357. no big hurry, and if something comes along in the meantime....

#5 ·
If you check the Gun List and some of the internet auction sites you'll see a few stainless Elites for sale. Prices seem to be right around $1000. My wife paid a little over $900 for mine a year ago. As I've previously mentioned, I polished mine to a bright stainless and replaced the god-awful(in my opinion) Hogue-type factory grips. Trigger pull isn't quite as light as my two earlier blued models, but I like it anyway. -Asa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.