Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Plowboy,

I was lucky and was able to obtain mine from a friend that loved his. Like him, I love how well the AR-15 handles the 7.62x39 both in recoil and tight groups using the cheap Wolf ammo.

I have found many web sites that offer the magazines from 5 rounds (almost $50) to 10, 20, & 30 round magazines for this rifle. I have even been able to obtain good re-loading data for the 7.62x39 and am looking forward to trying to the best match for this rifle.

You will find that this does have a limit of 200 yards before radical drop of your round and stopping power. Good luck in your hunt, but they are out there¬Ö

<font color="blue">OldKeyr</font>

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have received a lot of good information and links to help me take care of my thrust for knowledge and needs to maintain of my new Colt Sporter AR-15 <font color="blue">7.62x39</font>.

While visiting once web site at http://www.specializedarmament.com/ I received a very negative response from their tech for this site that sales parts, training, and services.

This is what I received upon my request about a Titanium firing pin for my rifle:

<font color="brown">Paul,

I would not advise a titanium firing pin for a 7.62x39.

We have absolutely NO parts for these (Russian caliber)
COLT's and I actually tell people that they do not exist.
It was a horrible idea at COLT that did not last long.

Good Luck with your Sporter.

Thanks for the inquiry,
Ken

Ken Elmore
Specialized Armament</font>

Think that this is one site to avoid if you own a Colt Sporter in <font color="blue">7.62x39</font>. Funny thing, using the Colt Parts Numbers, I was able to find several items for my <font color="blue">7.62x39</font> that they did sell.

<font color="blue">OldKeyr </font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts