Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I originally asked this question in the wrong place (percussion ). I should have asked folks that take them apart/work on them. Are the arbors in the 2nd and 3 rd gen. guns of the correct length? Do they bottom out in the barrel assy?
Just so you know, you remove the cylinder, install the barrel assy back at 90deg from norm. and then swing it down to meet the frame. It will be flush, short or long. More likely short. Correct would be flush.
Just curious.

Dragoon

This just may be a question that can't be answered.

Here's what I'm looking for. 1st pic is perf, 2nd pic is a short arbor and 3rd pic is a long arbor situation.

Automotive exterior Bumper Subcompact car Car

·
Registered
828 Posts
I originally asked this question in the wrong place (percussion ). I should have asked folks that take them apart/work on them. Are the arbors in the 2nd and 3 rd gen. guns of the correct length? Do they bottom out in the barrel assy?
Just so you know, you remove the cylinder, install the barrel assy back at 90deg from norm. and then swing it down to meet the frame. It will be flush, short or long. More likely short. Correct would be flush.
Just curious.

Dragoon

This just may be a question that can't be answered.

Here's what I'm looking for. 1st pic is perf, 2nd pic is a short arbor and 3rd pic is a long arbor situation.

View attachment 48917 View attachment 48918 View attachment 48919
I had an Uberti open top where the arbor fit was unsatisfactory. I sent it to Spring Creek Armory (LeverActionBill on this forum) He built up the arbor by welding and set the fit as it should be. Installing the wedge does not cause big changes in the cylinder gap now. I just sent him two more Uberti repoductions, a '51 Navy and a '60 Army for the same issue. Good work, fair price, and reasonable turn time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.