Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No need to jump through all the hoops to buy a machine gun when this stock is BATFE approved. I haven't researched it to see who carries it or if any states have banned it.

I watched a video where the guy unloaded a 30rd mag in under 2sec. Seems to me unless you brought all of your ammo with you to the range you would be going home in 30 minutes.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
if ammo was "cheaper than dirt" as it was years ago I might have entertained purchasing one. In today's climate I dont want one.

Just my two cents.

-Mike

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear you Mike. I was just trying to imagine what would happen at the local LGS when a guy comes in and buys a "Slide Fire" stock, a dozen high capacity mags and a couple thousand rounds of LAP ammo. Yeah, I know they're all legal but you gotta wonder. There are already enough "legal" substances out there that when combined produce a lethal weapon of one kind or another.

Just saying....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Some folks like them, but I think I will stick with semi-auto only. I like taking my time and shooting for tight groups. I can stay at the range all day with just a little ammo.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Teddy Roosevelt stated 'The Only Shots That Count, Are Those That Hit'...

I've seen more than my share of rapidly-emptied magazines - and impressive as all that firepower is - it takes a back seat to aimed fire.

Aimed fire is what brings you and yours home with less damage than the bad guys.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I see your point coltle6920. I would probably be a bit suspicious if I witnessed a purchase like that at my LGS. Ive tried a slide fire on a friends AR. Its fun for a little while but as stated here by Alien and Dogface....Id rather stick with my semi auto and shoot for tight groups / well aimed shots. I like to spend a full day at the range talking guns and making friends during the ceasefires.

BTW ....Im looking for a GS that can brown a barrel , I have a Lancaster flintlock I made years ago with a little help from dad. The barrel is the last piece to finish.

-Mike

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW ....Im looking for a GS that can brown a barrel , I have a Lancaster flintlock I made years ago with a little help from dad. The barrel is the last piece to finish.
First off thanks for joining in my post. I suggest you repost your flintlock request in the appropriate forum so it will get noticed. I'm really surprised I can't help you because I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. You just can't trust those TV commercials.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
I bit.
It took a couple tries to get it working, and then it would burn up $20 to $30 worth of ammo in about 4 seconds.
Very noisey, very impressive, very expensive range toy, and expensive to feed.
My next AR project is an SBR, and I will, no doubt, try it on that. It is still a ways off, though.
I suppose boys should have one for the sheer destructive hell of it, but it ain't particularly an economical form of shootin'.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My buddy has one.

It's something fun to get out and show off but other than that there really isn't much use for it.

I did consider getting one "just to have" and it probably wouldn't even go on my rifle.

Always thought it would be cool to use on a .22 AR if you can get it to work.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I have a friend who uses one on his mp15 22. He had to lighten the trigger but it runs like a clock now with good ammo, bulk crap stuff not so much. It is a blast but the 22 shortage has even hit that now

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably should've went into more detail in first post. The Slide-Fire has a switch to go to either single shot or "full auto." It still isn't economical or practical as most of you have already said.

The main point I tried to make was, with all of the recent shootings, why isn't this item on the banned list along with high capacity mags? The government might as well allow manufacturers to offer a legal Ar-15 with the "full auto" feature if they're going to allow this accessory.

I guess it just proves what we already know. Gun laws are made by gun control people who neither own a gun or know anything about them.

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
The Feinstein bill DID ban this type of device, but, of course, it did not pass.

There is a lot of difference between a true full-automatic and such a device, both legally and practically.

The term "government allow" raises the hair on the back of my neck. We used to be free, but the government has "disallowed" us too many of our freedoms. I like it that, so far, it has not been able to "disallow" this toy.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Anyone can bumpfire almost any semi-auto.
The way things are going, the 'gubmnt' solution will be to do what the Australians and Canadians did.
Nobody ever said it had to make any sense.

·
Registered
357 Posts
i have one on an M4 Colt 6920 and on a S&W M&P 15-22
Works great and can be aimed as well as semi auto if you can control the muzzle rise
They do work but there is a learning curve..takes proper technique to use it, unlike an SMG that you just pull the trigger to rock and roll
Replace a Full auto? No way.I own SMG's and the SF is a ton of fun, but will never substiitue for a full auto SMG

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I got one back when they first came out. It was a foolish purchase as I look back. It was a blast to shoot the first couple times and my son got a kick out of it. But after shooting 20 rounds in seconds, I noticed how hot the barrel was and decided that it couldn't be good for the rifle,so that's the last time I shot it. I put the original stock back on and the slide fire has sat in a box ever since. Shooting a 2ft group at 20 yards just isn't worth the waste of ammo.
Even at 5$ a box for 223's back then, it was still an unjustified waste of money to me. But, It was Fun. I like shooting my Colt in semi auto. It is very accurate with the stock peep sights that way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The main point I tried to make was, with all of the recent shootings, why isn't this item on the banned list along with high capacity mags? The government might as well allow manufacturers to offer a legal Ar-15 with the "full auto" feature if they're going to allow this accessory.
I'm not particularly interested in more government interference. The government isn't the solution...it's the problem. I'd just as soon have suppressors REMOVED from the NFA list, but that's not likely to happen. More regulation is not an acceptable answer to this "problem".

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Agree Loco...but why not repeal that stupid bill that Reagan signed in its entirety. Id like to own a Historical Tommy Gun without all the RED tape tied to them ,not to mention the ridiculous price for one! Again the gov sticking their noses in where they don't belong!!! Just my 50 cents.:mad:

Reactions: LocoGringo

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Been watching that old TV show "Combat" with Vic Morrow. Wouldn't mind having his machinegun. He never missed and never had to reload. Yeah, I know it isn't real.

Reactions: MikenAZ

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mike, I think you're getting the original NFA law confused with the law Reagan passed in '86. The original NFA dates back to 1934. Not sure where I heard this, but I don't think it's untrue...$200 in 1934 adjusted for inflation translates to about $3500 today. The original "tax" stamp was never intended to collect revenue, it was intended to prohibit ownership, but the tax has never been raised so that today it's little more than an inconvenience. Apparently, back in 1934 they didn't understand "shall not be infringed".

I'm with you though. I'd like to see that nonsense from '86 repealed as well. Other than not allowing new fully automatic weapons to be manufactured nor imported except for LE and military use, I'm not sure what else it does. Still, I'd like to see it repealed also.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts