Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
i support all shooters with any of thier firearms, and hope they promote shooting in any way to save our herritage.. ive been put down for shooting a flintlock at our shotgun club and am not alowed on many of thier days and certainly not on the fireline with other shooters.. i barely know about the anaconda and what it is but i can guess what it is.. it was a high priced gun that got little attention after everone had bought thier smith or ruger 44, few saw the need to buy another.. i dont now if ive ever saw one, so i would rate them as kind of rare.. if it shoots strait, and holds up to the mag loads, shoot on!!!! good luck dave...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Look at GunsAmerica.com and you will know what they are offered for.As for a fair price well that is up for debate.I am trying to acquire a Diamondback in Nickel and I think fair price is out of the question.

·
Premium Member
9,464 Posts
The Anaconda is a fine revolver, and probably one of the strongest. However, it came late to the party and is, in my opinion, not as attractive as a Smith & Wesson or Dan Wesson. Colt quality was also slipping when it was in production. The mishaped Mark III-type trigger guard with its reverse slope (bigger toward the front) is the major ugly feature in my opinion, and probably hurt sales.

Excuse us for stepping on the original post to discuss Diamondback values.

In my opinion, a "fair" price is market price, which is determined by supply and demand. A price more than market price would be "unfair." If the market price on a NIB nickel Diamondback .22 is $1500, that is, by definition, a "fair" price.

When seeking rare guns like nickel .22 Diamondbacks, one will often have to pay the price asked in order to acquire the gun. What is a few hundred dollars over a lifetime of enjoyment of the prize? If the gun is worth $1500 today, presumably it will be worth more in the future, when the "fair" price will be higher.

[This message has been edited by JudgeColt (edited 05-31-2003).]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"presumably it will be worth more in the future, when the "fair" price will be higher."

Judge, that is what I call the "Greater Fool Theory" which is no matter how much you pay, there will be a greater FOOL that will pay more. It dosn't always apply, stock market is notable exception. Joking aside, I strongly agree when it comes to Guns, antiques, etc that there is a strong likelihood what is scare now will appreciate much faster than those items where they are in numbers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
gun values can be greatly depreciatted by misuse or even any use at all.... a perfect morgan silver dolar can be 225,000 dollars.. a pocket worn dollar of the same mint and year can be worth 8-12 dollars.. so in the collectors eye condition is everything.. in guns that means right down to the condition of the orriginal box, papers etc for maximum value... there are pre 1900 unfired colts, worth many many dollars.. if purchased even twenty years ago there has been a considerable increase in value... a shooter revolver of 1970 vintage will probabaly not see much increase in value over inflation in our lifetime.... if fact it is difficult to get new gun market price for most average condition shooters..of course as alwyas there are exceptons... good luck dave..

·
Registered
933 Posts
To follow up on condition/price and unfired guns. I have been debating whether or not to fire my 1970s vintage NIB unfired 4" and 6" Pythons. I have a 4" Python that I do shoot and part of me wants to keep the other two NIB Colts pristine and part of me wants to put a few rounds thru them. I likely will keep them and pass them on to my children.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
48 Posts
sounds good to me, theyl enjoy shooting them, levaing them on a stump in the woods for a week, and then finding it to bring back home again, pawning them when low on cash, or maybe their spouse will turn them in to the police during a destroy the guns in our nieghborhood drive.. :)<)... good luck dave..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts