Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing pictures of box contents for older Colts, I was wondering if any of the pictured brushes were factory Colt. The diameter of the plastic bristles are; top brush, .440; middle brush, .640; bottom brush, .530. They are all twisted steel wire with a loop. Wire diameter; top, .050, middle, .080 and bottom, .070. Length as shown with a scale.
Thank you for your help, I was just curious;
Mike

Tool

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will bump this up since the holiday weekend is over and maybe someone could help me with an answer.
Thank you;
Mike

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Mike,

I am not the authority on these but will share my opinion. I have received many Colts over the years, both early Pythons and Model 357s that have the bottom two rods in the packages. I have never seen the top rod before but given the length I would say it is for a semi-auto which is why I never seen one.

I am going to place my money on authentic Colt as they are an exact match to what I have in my inventory.

Best of Luck finding a more concrete answer.

Marc

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies. Do you have any idea when Colt stopped supplying brushes like these? Also, given the larger diameter bristles on the middle brush, could it be for a .45 caliber gun?
Mike

·
Premium Member
9,737 Posts
The top brush looks like what came with an electric razor I used to have decades ago. The bottom two appear to be genuine Colt brushes. I do not know when Colt quit supplying such brushes, but a guess would be Early-1960s to Mid-1960s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts