Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Not really, I have had all the guns I needed long ago. However in watching the news I have started considering which ones I will keep more available plus I have been putting off buying a few things like extra magazines etc that I need to get. At my age 74, I am not as worried as I would be were I younger. I have pretty much lived my life. Say someone is 24 years old. There is no way they will see my age, (74) without going through fighting and trying to survive in dire circumstances in the next 50 years. I suspect a lot less! We have many grand kids younger than that.
The Muslim terrorists are wanting to create Jihad, a holy war. It`s also prophiced in the bible. The ball has opened.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Minimally. I bought an o1980XSE this year because the line was discontinued, but I was already looking for a blued, full-size when the announcement was made.

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
I have plenty. Now I only look for "targets of opportunity". If the price is too and/or non-negotiable I walk. I don't need or want anything if we can't agree on a reasonable price.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
What are the current trends? I've bought a few new Colts (and old) this year; I got a couple of the M45A1's, probably because of my Marine Corps connection and that has gotten me into the rail guns. I always consider myself an individual but have no problem liking what other people like, and make no apologies for it.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
I also buy and collect what I like, when I like.
Yeah. All the newest hot setups are for the new young guys.
I have the modern ones I want, but I am more interested in ones that are becoming fewer & fewer.
I reckon my objective is to try to preserve some decent shootable examples of old iron.
Somebody's gotta do it.......

·
Registered
32 Posts
These are crazy times. As we fracture politically, and the Progressives thump "Gun Control" every time there is a terrorist outrage, the demand for guns increases. On the other hand, with so many having given up looking for a decent paying job, I imagine there is a swelling of guns for sale from those who need to realize the locked up revenue. The market for concealables certainly has heated up and understandably so. I think that pressure will continue with increasing prices for 2 1/2" to 3" models of revolvers and pistols. I am a buyer in this market and am willing to pay a higher price. But I buy only real quality pieces because they are getting scarcer and scarcer. And then I shoot 'em. That's what they're for isn't it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sort of. When the trend was ARs and Tacticool , I found great deals on older revolvers (both S&W and Colt...ok mostly S&W) 'cause the owners were in a rush to sell grandpa's antiquated revolver and use the money for the latest and greatest. Thus expanding my accumulation of older revolvers.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Just when I say "that's enough for now", a gun will surface at my LGS that 'I have to have'. I never got into the plastic or tactical firearms, just a big fan of 'blued steel and wood', pretty much anything pre-1980.

·
The Consummate Collector
6,425 Posts
If I like it I buy it. If I see a pristine Colt I always think I need to own it. Sometimes I end up with to many of the same thing and then I sell off a few and start over again. Been doing this for 50 years.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Following the trends seems like a good way to spend a lot of money and end up with a lot of stuff I don't really care for. As someone above said I like blued steel and wood on my guns and I like them old. I guess you could say I seem to follow trends that get talked about on this forum. Colt SAAs and 1911s and the occasional rifle. Some of my recent add-ons are a Bat Masterson .22 Peacemaker, a Colt Commander in 9mm, a Remington Model 81 semi-auto in 300 Savage, and an M-1 Garand if that says anything about my collecting habits. The last two rifles were opportunistic buys.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Opportunistic Purchases, yea - I like that! Sometimes I surprise myself with some hidden desire in the back of my mind that surfaces when I see something. That probably explains a somewhat (still mostly Colts) diverse collection. I really enjoyed the recent thread here regarding other quaility spinoffs, like Marlins, S&Ws, H&Rs, etc. We in MA have to do a little traveling to get some of the good stuff that seems to abound in other areas (yes, a little envy there), soooo - opportunistic it is! Jackson

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I have to admit that in the past month I have purchased about 50 or 60 Hi-cap AR mags (pmags and troy battlemags) as well as at least 20 glock mags. To be honest its mostly because I figure there will be another panic at some point and I will already have enough and then I can possibly make a few bucks to the people that are freaking out. Coincidentally I started buying this stuff just before the Paris attack.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
My stock of prepper style items was complete years ago, no ned for adjustments. Now it's just adding ammo to the pile and stocking up on mags. Guns are just teh items I've always wanted as long as the money is right. I'm just starting the fear that I've waited too long for a large caliber SAA.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts