Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered three of the v Colt 1911's from Sarco. 2 were decent, one had to go back. The one I am reporting on here was a "okay" shooter with very little markings left, no finish, but lot's of character.

When I received this pistol I took it out and ran a magazine through it, and couldn't stay on a 10" paper plate at 20 yards. It was all over the place. Function was horrible with three ftf in one mag (original). I installed one of wilson combat's group gripper kits, new spring kit and fitted my first ever bushing to a 1911 (yeah I know, not difficult, but was a first for me) and this thing is TIGHT. I took it back out today and loaded up a wilson combat magazine with 5 rounds and ran it again, with the results shown in the picture. This was with lawman 230 grn ball ammo at 20 yards offhand. I am very pleased with the results. No ftf and grouped pretty darn good for an old gal. The sights are completely anemic, as everyone knows, and I am sure it would do better if I could actually get decent sights on it. There were no ftf's or other failures with these 5 rounds, but again 5 rounds is not a good reliability test. I am going to spend a couple hours with her when I get back and see if I can replicate the success.

All in all I am very happy with this pistol, for the price paid, and will most likely update with some more visible sights in the near future.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Love it! It does have character. A tight bushing can make a world of difference in accuracy. I have a Colt made Argentine that I put an EGW angled bushing on and it tightened the groups up nicely. Didn't affect reliability one bit either. The original was pretty loose.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.