Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any pictures or articles about or of Armand Swenson custom Colt .45's? Sure would like to see them, if you do?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Greetings, SB! Not much help here ... I seem to remember articles about his custom .45 work in Gun Digest and other periodicals from the mid-70's ...? As far as I rememeber, he was one of the first to offer a squared-up trigger guard, ambidextrous safeties and S&W K-38 revolver sights on a .45 ... accurzied and some kind of silver-ish finish. I remember I wrote to him once about his work but it was too pricey for me and I never had anything done, sorry to say.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can vaguely remember a picture of a commander, hard chromed, K38 sights, square trigger guard, checkered? in, I think a Guns and Ammo annual. Man, this thing rolled my motor over for years after I saw it. Just a basic, work every time, gun with bells and whistles that made sense to have on a fighting gun. I've still got several pairs of his ambi safeties (with his name and address on them) down in the shop. If I would of only had some money, back then?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts