Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both listings had the same pictures - same serial number - different locations. I tend to believe the one on GB with an established feedback is the real McCoy.

Scammer has multiple new items for sale, which when you search the net you will find these same items at higher prices by different sellers, from different locations with the same exact pictures..

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I search on armslist every morn for pythons and look for the scams, they are very obvious, and if there not all u have to do is emails say you have cash in hand and will do a ftf meeting, let on like you are close to them, and enjoy watching the dance. They will either not get in touch or make excuses for not doing the ftf.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I still stand by the ftf only in this case I have got several good deals from this site, but I only do the ftf in a public place and be careful.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
I still stand by the ftf only in this case I have got several good deals from this site, but I only do the ftf in a public place and be careful.
I agree with gruesome. The only safe way to deal on Armslist is to deal locally face to face. Until yesterday there was another scam I ran across for a Colt USMC 1911 for $1900. Same gun on GB was going for close to $4000. He listed in my area but said he had to ship the gun. Further email exchanges ended with him not responding. The listing was taken down later that day.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I agree.....the only way to do armslist is FTF. I know I have had the money burning a hole in my pocket and come across something that seems like a good deal but something smells fishy. There always a reason why they can't meet you to do the deal. It's better to pass and still have your money than have no gun and no money. You have to protect yourself from yourself sometimes.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
There was a anaconda on there day before yesterday 900 WOO HOO sent him an email told him cash in hand waiting on ftf awwwwww no reply must have already scammed I mean sold yeah thats it already sold.:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts