Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up today. It's a 1910 with the wrong grips. The extracor rod has a slight bend and one of the side plate screws is a little buggerd up. Lock up and timing is perfect. Should I keep as a shooter or is it screaming to be a snuby project? I do wish the stylized "c" was a little deeper. I fear I'll loose it if I pplish the side plate.

1908 38 special in the back. 4" 32-20 in front.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Look's like she's just beat up enough to make a good snubby project, although I'm sure
some will not agree. I'm a big fan of snubbing these revolvers, so you know my vote.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already taken it apart and cleaned the inside. Did a quick check and found a few areas of aggressive rust removal. I may give it a good cleaning and put her up with the other old Army Special. How many of these 100 plus AS are still out there? I have to shoot it first of course. The bore has a spot of rust about an inch down the bore. It cleaned OK but I believe it will shoot fine.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
While I don't currently own a 32-20, doesn't that round need some barrel length to get its performance? I would certainly shoot it first. Replacement army special stocks are available and I have a friend that will buy those post-war official police stocks from you.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I have two of the 32-20 AS revolvers, 1919 and 1922, both 6". I also have a 4" PPS in 32-20. The 6" are much better performers using the same ammunition loaded to about 750 FPS in a 6" barrel. I cast and size to .313 and load over Trail Boss. They are all great guns and I have to give it to the PPS, it is easier to carry. The AS just balance better and shoot better. I like'm all!!!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
I have two Army Specials; A1922 in .32-20 cal. and a 1926 in .38 spc. cal. in Nickle. The 1922 is in excellent condition and I love the way it shoots. So you should shoot yours and see how you like it. I have not shot the 1926 A.S. as of yet, but I will. These were great guns for the Roaring 20's crowd. colt army special 001.JPG colt army special 002.JPG colt army special 003.jpg colt army special 004.jpg 7 revolvers 005.JPG

·
Registered
368 Posts
I really hate the trend of cutting up historic old revolvers, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It agreed. It's just fine the way it is. I shot it today and it was a joy. I'm rotating these grips to another AS and maybe this will get some some repos or beaters.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Olddawg, I had one a little nicer than your 32-20 but sold it to a forum member. It had the longer barrel and was too nice to shoot.

·
Registered
758 Posts
RB67; I intend to agree with you. I have put about 50-60 rounds thru the 32-20, cleaned it up good and put it in the safe for awhile. Allthough I love to shoot it, it is semi-retired for now.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I've got an Army Special snubbed out in .32-20 - It's a great little shooter. I also have a PPS in this caliber. Fun to shoot, but factory ammo can be pricey. Hers a pic of the snubby - I bought it like this $260.00 out the door at the LGS.

Reactions: muddyboot
1 - 12 of 12 Posts