Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up day before yesterday. It has some imperfections, primarily some freckling on the non latch side, hammer freckling, wear from the cylinder release, and wear at end of barrel. I gave 450 for it, did I do okay? Obscure round but I am going to have to start hunting for some rounds. What % would you rate this thing at? It locks very tight but seems to have a bit of a heavy trigger pull.

View attachment 42930 View attachment 42931 View attachment 42932 View attachment 42933

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Pretty much a reloaders project round for older revolvers, much if not all that you will find is suitable for rifles or horribly expensive. I have a 1917 that is gorgeous and shoot it once in a while.I do reload for it.It's a "learning experience" to get them right but a worth while exercise. Nice clean gun, there's a reason it is still chambered in a few rifles, accurate, with a little punch.

·
Premium Member
Collect older handguns from Colt and S&W primarily
430 Posts
Nice looking Army Special .32-20, wouldn't mind finding one myself! I recently obtained a 4" model in .38 Special that is in the same good shape as yours. I just think they look nicer than the later OP revolvers. I have a S&W M&P in .32-20 and found new ammunition at a gun show - one of these small manufaturers. The stuff shot extremely well; you can also readily find cowboy action shooting loads in .32-20.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, that is great information. I'd like to shoot it and new ammo may be the way to go until I decide to reload for it

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
YES; absolutely you did well at that price. Just a guess, since looking at it in photos is never as accurate as in person, but I'd rate it about 90-93%. And as Hugh so well indicates with those beautiful handguns, 32-20 is a fun weapon to shoot and if you're so equipped, relatively easy to hand load for. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
You did well. Back in the day these were purchased because you had a rifle, and now a pistol that will all use the same ammo. A real plus.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
I've got a couple of old Colts in 32-20 and find them a hoot to shoot !! Shoot some new ammo and make some empty brass to reload. Although new ammo can be hard to find and quite pricey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts