Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy an Army Special with 6 in barrell very good finish, except it is badly out of time, I have to nudge the cylinder to get it to lock up after I pull the hammer back. Is it a very easy fix to replace the hand?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,906 Posts
The old Colt's require a well-trained pistolsmith, who's been further qualified on the Colt action.

While it's possible to do-it-yourself, It's not recommended.

The old Colt's use a very complicated design in which each part has AT LEAST two functions. The working surfaces are small, and the design is NOT obvious.

·
Registered
794 Posts
To answer part of the question you asked:
Yes, it is easy to replace the hand.

To answer the other part, does that mean it will fix your problem: Re-read dfaris post.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi, Kennedy! And welcome. I know there's LOTS of guys on these pages that are much more knowledgeable about Colt repairs than I. BUT, ... I was always TOLD by range officers and PD armorers NOT to EVER mess with ANYTHING inside a Colt. I fix my own Lionel trains with some nimbleness ... and I can untangle my wife's garden hose without hurting myself. And I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, once, too ... but work in a Colt? "Hey, hey, hey ... that's not the way!" Why, sakes alive, it's taken me since 1971 to learn how to reload! Sorry, just fooling around ... but, NO. I do NOT do repairs on Colt revolvers. The .45? No problem. (I CAN reload those.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts