·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
13,614 Posts
Unbelievable...but obviously true.

"The shooter was 4.4 miles away, a distance so great, the Earth’s rotation came into play."

Congrats to the Wyoming Team on it's 69th attempt !!

"It beat the team’s previous Wyoming state record of 3.06 miles. It also broke the previous world record shot of 4 miles set in 2020 by Paul Phillips of Texas."

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
24 seconds, Thats just awesome. Anyone else ever shoot a 22LR at 200/300 yrds? I enjoy the time delay of hearing the bullet hit more than actually making the shot.
Yes, shooting at jack rabbits with a 22rf like that is an interesting experience.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Anyone else ever shoot a 22LR at 200/300 yrds? I enjoy the time delay of hearing the bullet hit more than actually making the shot.
I do 200 yards consistently on a 12” gong with the correct holdover, doesn’t make much noise though.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I do 200 yards consistently on a 12” gong with the correct holdover, doesn’t make much noise though.
Our LRR club used to shoot iron sight 22LR matches at 200,300,400 either Crossno or Shaver inserts in 45-70 or period correct rifle. Ballistics much the same as 45-70. The difficulty was spotting hits at 3 and 4. so we used a sensor on the back of the target and a strobe light. Eventually gave up over spotting problems. Gun goes bang, strobe flashes, sound of bullet strike arrives.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
First I have zero knowledge of what I am going to say but I will say it anyway. Look at all the math involved in artillery. This is all done for ammunition that is highly equal round to round. Add a forward observer and with a few rounds you get fire for effect. This is essentially what happened here but I might add with a bit of real luck as well. Another telling fact would be how far off the other 63 rounds were.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts