Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
I also use gmail and while some might disagree, I'm a pretty nice guy and definitely not a scammer. I switched to gmail after my original email account was hacked during the big Yahoo fiasco several years ago.

Hey...are you the guy who used to be on TV from Colorado with the suitcase full of cash and hot wife?? ;)
Let me think about itNO.

Reactions: MarkInTx

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
I also use gmail and while some might disagree, I'm a pretty nice guy and definitely not a scammer. I switched to gmail after my original email account was hacked during the big Yahoo fiasco several years ago.
different reason but same bottom line.
i switched to gmail when my isp provided roadrunner account was overtaken with spam.
it got to the point where i was getting as many as 70-80 spam posts daily. i was unable to stem the flood and it just became too much to look over my emails and delete the spammers so i switched to gmail.

·
Administrator
7,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I have to agree. I believe that this post by Mitch is to ALERT those who buy and sell on the Forum and not to set up NEW rules. I don't believe that this Forum wants to or is able to get in the middle of all of these transactions. That is not the purpose of the Colt Forum. They have made available the Classified Section for our use but it is up to us to be alert enough to take care of ourselves. Let us offer common sense ideas and suggestions to assist members when making a purchase from another member. We don't want to end up looking like some of the gun sites who are loaded with scammers.

Just my opinion,

Cam.
Thanks Cam . That sums it up very well .

The forum does all it can , but I have found over the years that our alert membership is very sharp in spotting some of these scams and has been instrumental in preventing a few of them . Please don't hesitate to report an ad or send me a pm if you see something out of place .

In the end though , it remains Buyer Beware .

Thank you and good hunting .

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.