Colt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you are buying, the seller usually dictates what he/she will accept. If not, I use USPS money order.

When selling, I'd go with USPS also. I don't think you'll have a problem cashing it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I received a $60 USPS Money Order the other day and when I deposited it in my checking account, they called a Postal Service hotline first before accepting it (which didn't do any good as it was issued too recently to be listed). Postal Money orders are being forged all over the place. Be careful when accepting them. You should walk them into the PO and cash them before shipping.

Rob

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have been cashing mine at the P.O.BEFORE shipping the item, like you Rob. Friend,a fellow 'Nam vet,works there, We both agree it is a sad commentary on security of the U.S. From what he says,this originated overseas,with immigrants from Nigeria,I think,having relatives back in Africa. Don't think this will happen with someone you know,or have dealt with before,buying a "Counterfeit Money Order"!

Bud

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Postal Money Order is all I will use for payment, and when selling, will only accept Postal Money Orders, unless I know the guy(gal). "Paypal" seems to be getting popular, but I simply refuse to put any credit card info onto any internet site. They claim to be secure, but they are not....Read the newspapers...Credit card information files are stolen every day. Sticking with the US mail and USPS money orders, give you the backing of the federal government and it's USPS detectives, should you become a fraud victim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts