Colt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I've badmouthed the Audley design for it's risk of scratching the trigger guard, I do have a couple. I got this one the other day for several reasons. One, it's brown. Many of them are found in black, as police uniform items. To me, brown leather is classic and looks better. Two, it's an early, actual Auldey one, before the buy outs and mergers. Probably made by Audley himself or his workers, prior to 1917. Note the stamp only says that name, and patent date. And three, I like the external stiffener clip that is covered by leather. Later ones had it inside the main leather of the holster. Check out that stitching, high quality saddlery!

Now the problem is the early ones didn't have model numbers stamped. You have to buy, and try. Got this one for under $20, so I didn't care, it would fit something. Turns out that think is a Police Positive in .22.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I like everything about these holsters except the trigger lock. But couldn't pass on this one, appears to be for a Colt 1911, WWI era. Looks pretty rough, but we'll see. Arriving soon....
Audly 1911 holster.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts