Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings , looking for a copy of the Audley Leather Holster Catolog and help would be greatly appreciated , many thanks rob

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sorry, rj. No help here. Just another question ... a while back, I was hunting for a clamshell type holster - still am, for that matter, and someone refered me to Audley. They told me these were the latest versions of the original clamshells? Regrettably, I don't know where to look for a catalogue, either, but if you find out - clue me, too!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
rj,your gonna have to pay plenty for an original catalog,but Audley(and Folsom)were listed in Stoegers "Bibles" in the 30s-50s;sort of a reproduction/condensed version. I think the 1940 edition has been "reprinted" and a helluva lot cheaper than paying "collector" prices. I will try & check my "library" for a Stoegers tomorrow. I have an Audley,and love that "spring clip".It WAS a police holster,with a swivel & a 6 cartridge loop,in black for a Sam Brown Outfit. Came with a poorly reblued over light pitting Army Special in .41 Colt,with 5"bbl,but a great shooter(& lighter than .38s & hard hitting with handloads.) Anyway, holster bottom pretty worn,so Ive "converted it" to handle my 4" Marshall or 4" .357 Model. Bud

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Checked the 1939 reprint of Stoegers this am;nothing on them,mostly Heisers. My 1951 Stoegers does have them,but under "DeMayo" (which my "Audley" is marked with). Like Folsoms,I think De Mayo used the Audley patent. Bud

1 - 4 of 4 Posts