Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago I posted about the front sight that fell off my recently aquired Model 357. Decided to send it back to Colt for the repair. It is otherwise a very nice gun in good condition finish wise. And until the sight fell off, seemed to shoot well. Since it will already be in the factory's hands, what other services, inspections or work would you suggest without spending much more than the gun is worth? Thinking about cylinder/bore alignment & cylinder/barrel gap inspection and adjustment as required. Also maybe a basic tuneup, cleaning and lube on the action. What would be your suggestions?
Thanks for your input!

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,802 Posts
In all probability, Colt will give the gun a complete inspection anyway, but to be safe, I'd ask for a full check-up.
That will include checking the timing and alignment, and a cleaning since it'll be apart and they have to clean it up to see what's what.

If you just want to have the nicest Python possible, you could have a factory action/trigger job.
This will give your Python the best trigger pull possible, and will smooth the action to an incredible degree.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I agree, Colt does a heck of a nice check up and repair of Colt revolver actions. Best prices too. They took my 46 year old Python and retimed it, set the gap, fitted a new hand and bolt if I'm not mistaken and now she shoots better than brand new.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for your input. Pretty much mirrored what I had in mind. Revolver is on its way to CMC for remounting sight, (refinish barrel if required), full inspection and trigger/action job. Will let you know what how it all turns out when she comes home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts