Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
Send me a dozen of those SAA's please /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for posting . I love that old literature .

·
Registered
946 Posts
I dont know what gas was in 1927, but remember in the 50s it being 18cents to 22cents. Actualy prices are still pretty much in step when you compare. Would like to step in and out of time though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mitch,
12 cents a gallon /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif - even better - /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The line to board that time machine just got a little longer! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Bob

·
Registered
946 Posts
I remember hearing storys about great grandpa haveing never makeing more than $350 a year, and putting 2 sons through college! Had a uncle claim when he was a boy his folks paid $5 a month for rent. I remember in 40s my folks renting for $20!

·
Registered
958 Posts
I saw some rent receipts that my great grandmother kept where she and my great granddad were renting a house for $4 a month. This was in 1902 in rural central Maryland.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Yeah mulely, that puts a different light on price ratio today! A couple of years ago my dad died and I had to go through all my folks stuff. My mom never threw munch out and I found a hospital bill she saved when I was born in berlin wisconsin in 1941. It was for $45.00 or so for about 3 days!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts