Registered
8,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Couldn't keep it together...A classic symptom of HUA.:bang_wall:

45 230 Gr. RNL....10 Yard line, 2 hand hold.:mad:

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
what was that famous Blazin' saddles scene between Gene Wilder and the African American Sheriff.. > <Look at my hand > "steady as a rock" <Yeah , but this one is my shootin' hand> ;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I didn't know there was such a thing as a bad day at the range. Personally I would say you had a great day at the range, but your pistols didn't.....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sparky beat me to it! +1 to his comment.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I dunno Kid, maybe you were less than familiar with your range choices that day? Your spectacles needed adjusting? OR...too much coffee? Heck, ya still had a good time so quit complainin ;)

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
If the big outer circle is 8", then looks like you got about a 4" group with the 45 and a 6"? group with the 38, At 10 yards .But you shot alot of rounds so and its harder to shoot say a 2" group when you are shooting 24 rounds or more. Harder to keep up the relaxed concentration. Looks like either group would suffice for self defense.
Depending upon the background and the lighting,sometimes the sights arent sharp (especially with the ramped front sight on the later model Det spl's). My groups go to hell when that happens and I try to guess where the right sight picture is in the blur.
Anyway like the others said Any day out shooting is a good day I just dont shoot quite as good on some days as others.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Guys, I know I can and Have shot better, and I don't like to use age as a blank excuse for failure to follow simple basics.

The weather was nice, and I had the entire range to myself..I even shot steel plates for a while, but I got tired of going down range to reset them..I use to have some bikini clad target setters, but I think they found a younger clique to hang with...LOL

Cap you are right about the sights and lighting...but that day the only excuse was the shooter....

Another reason to go back I suppose..Oh Humm....:rolleyes:;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Kid, you solved it! You had the range to yourself. Performance under pressure man. You just need an audience...:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
As others have stated, I wouldn't be too broken up if I shot those. But just for comparison, do you have any pix of your groups on a good day? Hard to gauge the appropriate level of sympathy needed without a benchmark.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts