Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got two SAA from this person in the last year. He periodically receives them directly from Colt. This is bad news.
FWIW. I’m just passing it on. I know at end of July he had a dozen P1840s,which he sold in a week. Pete

Font Rectangle Circle Paper Art

·
Registered
79 Posts
Makes sense that they would halt production until June 15, 2023, if they plan to ramp up production. It probably would take that amount of time to train enough employees to assemble SAAs up to the standards of CZ and the additional production they may anticipate.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
In realty they may be moving production lines around or revamping production flow paths. I worked at a plant where they went from batch to just in time production. It put things in a tisy until all the machines were moved, wired, plumbed, and set up again. The idea was to become more efficient but that didn’t seem like the result to me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In realty they may be moving production lines around or revamping production flow paths. I worked at a plant where they went from batch to just in time production. It put things in a tisy until all the machines were moved, wired, plumbed, and set up again. The idea was to become more efficient but that didn’t seem like the result to me.
Makes sense. Probably the most logical conclusion. But, one can still dream.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
When colt converted from second gen. production (mid 1974) to 3rd (early 1976) they we’re down for about 1.5 years. The 1975 catalog said when it would be available but they didn’t remove the SAA from the catalog. I probably have enough but my hope is for future generations.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
My take, CZ is gearing up to produce quality Colt S.A.A.s and the more encouragement they get the more likely they will build a variety of models.
Naysayers to the rear, pick up the phone, send a e-mail, write a letter and tell them what you want and thank them for their efforts.
Take care, Duane.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts