Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired an Anaconda recently and it has a really bad polish job. The guy I got it from said he used a non abrasive polish. How do I get it back to the original factory stainless finish, can I do it myself or does it need to go back to Colt? If it does go back to Colt do you know what I should expect to pay?

Thx

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,693 Posts
Best option on a factory re-polish is to contact Colt. I wouldn't expect it to be nearly as expensive as a new blue job.

Depending on how bad it is, you can do a re-polish yourself with Scotchbrite pads.
These are synthetic "polishing" pads sold in automotive stores and used for automotive paint work.

To use, select a "grit" that's close to the original satin finish, and lightly rub the metal to remove the non-factory shine.

To finish off, "stroke" the finish in the same direction the factory grain runs.

To dull even more, mix some Bartender's Friend powder to a paste and rub the metal down with a toothbrush.

Considering the cost of Colt's now, I recommend contacting Colt and get it restored the right way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts