Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a lot of CAS clubs have their own Western style badge for members. Can any of you provide a good quality (at least 1mb) close up digital photograph of your club badge? Alternatively do you have any old badges lying around that you no longer use? If the price is right I may buy one or two. Please email photographs to [email protected] Thanks in advance.

Rio

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
I have several badges from Clubs I belong to and a couple from Clubs I started and/or helped form. I will try and take pictures today for you. They are not for sale.

Black Canyon Ghost Riders (Colorado), Double R Bar Regulators (California original Roy Rogers Club), British Western Shooting Society (England), Buffalo Creek Cowboys (Colorado), Eldorado Cowboys, (Nevada), Nevada Rangers (Nevada), Carolina Belles (North Carlolina-I was their Guardian Angel), and a Original US Deputy Marshall's Badge, made from US Silver Dollar (circa 1883).

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
What's a Ba Jeez? Ba Gees? now phonetically spell it...ha :) Taint easy.... And to Rio....lot of the Texas gun shows are rife with badges....and the collectors ask a pretty penny for em (authentic ones of course) ;)

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
I know that a lot of CAS clubs have their own Western style badge for members. Can any of you provide a good quality (at least 1mb) close up digital photograph of your club badge? Alternatively do you have any old badges lying around that you no longer use? If the price is right I may buy one or two. Please email photographs to [email protected] Thanks in advance.

Rio

5 Email's sent with images. 1210 hrs, 05/08/2012 MDST.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Say ! Is that a scratch and sniff? 'cause it doesn't smell anything like a Colt from Here ! :rolleyes:

·
Forum Friend
5,858 Posts
Some more of my 'has-been' info, I guess these sew-on patches will do as badges. Long Island Antique Gun Collectors Assn got started in 1957 when it outgrew a guy's basement. Organized with about 20 members I was in it till 1980 when I retired, it then with about 350 members. L I Black Powder Rifles met for a while to shoot in a gravel pit out on the Island, didn't last long. NMLRA, National Muzzle Loading Rifle Assn has grown a lot since I got awarded Life Member for an article I wrote 1955 about building my own rifle. Texas Gun Collector's Assn, I was a member for a while early '80s.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, guys
The type of badges I'm looking for are those done for shooting clubs or organisations and which are based on Old West designs - see 2 of the 3 below. Picture quality is important as I hope to use them for a magazine article.

P1040063.jpg

Rio

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Just when you thought it was safe to visit one of my posts....:rolleyes:

History of SASS Badges...Only two missing, a Black Badge for the World Champion and a Wild Bunch Member Badge...

Gold Represents Life Membership...Except for the Regulator Badge. You can't buy those.

Black Canyon Ghost Riders...Club I started in Colorado... German Silver, only 25 of these badges exist. Aged and when new.

Club Badges from Nevada..Founding member of the Eldorado Cowboys, (Designated by a "C")

Buffalo Creek Ciwboys, Colorado yeah I had a hand in that too...LOL..

Double R Bar Regulators, Lucerne California, (Roy Rogers group)

Carolina Belles, North Carolina, I was their Guardian Angel for Charity Fund Raisers for the Bust Out.

Deputy US Marshal's Badge from 1883 Silver dollar.

And despite words to the otherwise, YES they do exist !

·
Premium Member
7,485 Posts
Nice badges Kid's got there. I could recognize them as Kid's cause I recognized the fence from his Marlin photos. He's got boards and posts cut to actual dimensions that they are described as! Nice badges ! Nice fence !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts