Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
They brought what they were worth,, both guns had multiple bidders and lots of action. We tend forget how much high condition Colt pre war d.a revolvers are really worth because we are in accustom to watching the same old mediocre type guns come across the block day after day. Its nice to see a couple "nice desirable guns" for a change. When was the last nice boxed Bankers .22 you seen come on the market ? Good guns are just going to bring good money, it just happens. Supply and demand is hell of thing.

John

·
The Consummate Collector
7,950 Posts
Per Gary Peer,s book "15-20 in Nickel" and "2400-2500 in Blue" I am sure you saw the one that just sold for over $6800 on GB last night. :)
I am sure his number is wrong on the nickel .22 Bankers as one of the other Forum members and I have been keeping a serial number list on them and it looks like they made close to 50. I also have a problem with his estimate on the blue .22 Bankers as most are in the 368000 serial range. Therefore I believe his numbers are quite high.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.