Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found one of my grail guns this weekend at the Market Hall Show, a Banker's Special in 22. The front sight has been reduced. It is sitting next to my 1941 vintage 38 S&W in the safe as we speak. The 38 S&W is also a bit unique in that it is 1941 vintage and has the second line (Patent dates) of the barrel marking missing. The 22 is 1934 vintage. Letters will be requested.

Gun Revolver Firearm Starting pistol Trigger
Revolver Material property
Revolver Gun Firearm Starting pistol Trigger
Revolver Gun Firearm Starting pistol Trigger
Revolver Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Congrats Mike. I actually looked at that gun several times and talked extensively with the seller. In fact one of my best friends looked at buying it Saturday morning. Nice gun. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Found one of my grail guns this weekend at the Market Hall Show, a Banker's Special in 22. The front sight has been reduced......
Probably best to leave it that way. I once bought a really nice S&W 1917 that had the front sight similarly butchered, and since it was already mangled and touched up with cold blue, I decided to "restore" it. I used a woodruff key that was a close match to the original sight, and had a friend, who is a top notch welder and very expert with small and delicate heliarc welding, TIG weld the woodruff key, and a little file and stone work made it look like it had never been touched.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.