Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I've been wanting a Barney Fife gun for quite awhile and think I found a fine specimen locally, but wanted to share with ya'll first to get your input. It's a 1953 and though Fearless Fife didn't have stag grips, I LOVE these!

What's a fair price for this piece in your opinion?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fair price, not a deal but definitely not a rip is $300-$400 imo. You could pay more, you could pay less but given there's wear, non factory grips and they're synthetics I'd personally only pay in the low $300s for that. I'd also want to know timing is good on it.
Thanks Sten. Yeah I was wondering myself if those were real stag or not, I'm glad you said something. The shop wants $500 and I haven't seen it in person yet. Really appreciate your feedback!

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder how many Colt Official Police revolvers ''Ole Barn'' sold over the years. I know I was a customer also!
For sure!

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a pretty nice OP, grips are very cool.
Agreed, real stag would be nicer but still look pretty good.

Reactions: VaqueroAZ and Ugly

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reactions: Hootch56 and JOG

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, make them an offer, all they can do is say no. You might point out the plastic grips.
Very true! Probably will do just that :)

Reactions: VaqueroAZ

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I saw an episode yesterday where Fife went “undercover” and hid his gun behind his back...until it fell down his pant leg. I think his was a five inches, and a single shot:)
Ha! Poor Barn. He always did mean well :LOL:

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
When the Andy Griffith Show was being put together, Don Knotts who worked with AG before called him and suggested he needed a deputy and auditioned for it. He already developed that super nervous character on other shows and it was perfect for Barney Fife.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When the Andy Griffith Show was being put together, Don Knotts who worked with AG before called him and suggested he needed a deputy and auditioned for it. He already developed that super nervous character on other shows and it was perfect for Barney Fife.
Oh that's hilarious! I read a little about that in the book "Andy and Don", was a pretty good read.

Reactions: VaqueroAZ

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reactions: MarkInTx

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wouldn’t go over $400 myself. I think I’ve got around $350 in my Barney Fife gun and it has the original wood grips.
That's what I'm thinking too JWP, I'll probably offer $300 and see what they say. Certainly don't mind passing on it if it's not the right price. Another one will pop up eventually.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts