Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Have a 1936 Officers Match Heavy Barrel in .38 special. Frame and cylinder are just flat out beautiful but in it's life it has had the front sight replaced with a Kings Reflector (circa 1949 or so). Barrel now has lot of wear on sides but markings are real clear. But...at last HGCA Show I snagged a new in the wrapper barrel with a matching adjustable sight. Do you have a real good revolver smith you can recommend that can do the barrel/sight swap without marring the frame? Please advise as I need this bad.

Will look AWESOME when returned to the original shape.

Tim

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had Grant Cunningham work on a Detective Special for me and I was very pleased with his service and quality. I would suggest you contact him to see if he can do the work. He is also a member of this forum.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Jim Stroh at Alpha Precision is about as good as it gets on the work I have seen but I'm not sure whether he will work on Colt Revolvers. You would have to find his website on the internet and look. His S&W work is better than they were when new.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Supposedly the Ruger Mark II pistol is one of the hardest to do a barrel swap on. I must have tried a dozen gunsmiths and all refused until I called Bob Cogan. His shop did it in three days with no problems. Google Accurate Plating and Weaponry to find the web site and contact numbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts