Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a brand new Colt base pin and base pin bushing that I told seller was for 1st gen. The base pin measures diameter .2513" which is bigger than my 1st and 2nd gen. revolvers and the pin will not go into the frame hole. Also, when the bushing is put into the existing cylinders the cylinder will not fit back into the frame as it is slightly too long. Any thoughts? Do I have a 3rd gen pin and bushing maybe?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Got a brand new Colt base pin and base pin bushing that I told seller was for 1st gen. The base pin measures diameter .2513" which is bigger than my 1st and 2nd gen. revolvers and the pin will not go into the frame hole. Also, when the bushing is put into the existing cylinders the cylinder will not fit back into the frame as it is slightly too long. Any thoughts? Do I have a 3rd gen pin and bushing maybe?
The base pin bushing is"a must fit" part they're NOT a drop in part,they're made too long so that u can tighten up the end play,RE; the base pin,you've probably been sold the wrong size by someone that really doesn't know what he's doing,or it may even be a base pin for a non-colt SA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts