Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outerwear Hat Sleeve Collar Sun hat

Found this photo surfing around- stated to be the famous Oklahoma Lawman Bass Reeves thought I would share it. Looks to be carrying a nice old west Colt- with cross draw holster and a billy club.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Ammunition

·
The Consummate Collector
8,198 Posts
Sounds like a good man there , Alan .
Watched an hr special on him recently .
He seemed like a righteous guy , always willing to throw down in the pursuit of his duties.
Thanks Hombre , and for awesome pic too
I watched the same special, quite the lawman.

Thanks for sharing the photo.

Cam

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

You know, I know you know- that America has always been "diverse" back to the beginning when 5000+ of some of Mr. Reeves relatives may have fought to start this place in the Continental Army under General Washington.

And so did some American Indians- that's the facts.

Mr. Reeves story is just one more story about a great American that needs to be told more imo.

Photograph Hat Coat Cap Headgear

There needs to be a major movie made about the man- "you know who" don't even go there- that negative storyline is bull chit.

You already lost enough money on that hoss.

wat? do I want to go back in the cooler?

Not really Amigo I will shut up.😁

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
View attachment 799385
Found this photo surfing around- stated to be the famous Oklahoma Lawman Bass Reeves thought I would share it. Looks to be carrying a nice old west Colt- with cross draw holster and a billy club.
View attachment 799386
I have never seen that Reeves picture before. Great image! I suspect that his SAA has a 7-1/2" barrel.

Yes, I think that Reeves 32-20 came from his family, and was featured in the "American Rifleman" a few years ago.

·
Registered
690 Posts
There was a movie recently featuring a Bass Reeves character - The Harder They Fall.

I liked it a lot, but I suspect that will be a lonely opinion here. View attachment 799461
Heard it was a pretty good yarn. As soon as it shows up in my library's rental section I'll check it out.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...................

·
Registered
974 Posts
I've seen an episode of "Gunslingers" called "Bass Reeves- The Real Lone Ranger" on AHC (American Heros Channel) a couple of times. Good show. They told of his bringing his own Son in, his once being charged with (and acquitted of) murder for an accidental shooting of one of his team with his 73 Winchester, 3000 arrests, and his reported use of disguises. Also the fact that he spent substantial young years in Indian Territories, forming bonds with some of the indigenous peoples.

Fascinating character and a truly heroic Lawman from the Old West.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jeans Car Hat Vehicle Gesture

Here's a sheriff from the 60's? Doing the same job as Mr. Reeves- and carrying the same type of Colt.

When I was a kid I saw Leo's packing SAR's not sure if they were Colts or Rugers- interesting to see one on duty on the street.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts